VMware View 5: Install, Configure, Manage
Before attending this course, you must be able to perform the following tasks:
• Create a template in VMware vCenter™ Server and deploy a virtual machine from it.
• Modify a template customization file.
• Open a virtual machine console in vCenter Server and access the guest operating system.
• Configure Active Directory services.
1 Course Introduction
2 Introduction to VMware View
3 View Connection Server
4 View Desktops
5 View Client Options
6 View Administrator
7 Configuring and Managing Linked Clones
8 Local-Mode Desktops
9 Managing View Security
10 View Persona Management
11 Command-Line Tools and Backup Options
12 View Connection Server Performance and Scalability
13 VMware ThinApp
System administrators and system integrators who are responsible for deployment of VMware virtual desktop infrastructure
• Experience in Microsoft Windows Active Directory administration
• Experience with VMware vSphere™
• Completion of VMware vSphere 4.1: Install, Configure, Manage
At the end of the course, you should understand the features and operation of View and be able to:
• Install and configure View components
• Create and manage dedicated and floating desktop pools
• Deploy and manage linked-clone virtual desktops
• Configure and manage desktops that run in local mode
• Configure user profiles with View Persona Management.
• Configure secure access to desktops through a public network.
• Use ThinApp to package applications