Practical Application in the Test Network
The SIP lab constitutes a workshop, where the participants are given the opportunity to set up components on their own, to configure them, and to test the telephony environment.
• Setup and Basic Configuration of SIP Telephones (Soft and Hard Phones) and IADs (Fritzbox, Easybox, Horstbox)
• Configuration of an SIP Proxy (SER)
• Basic Configuration of an SER
• Configuration of an Asterisk IP PBX
• Configuration Files and Syntax
• Tools for the Asterisk PBX—Graphical User Interfaces
• Basic Call
• Activating Acknowledged Registrations
• Recording and Analyzing Traces
• Call Redirection
• Configuring Voice Mailboxes
• Connecting SIP Environments to the ISDN
This workshop is designed for participants of the SIP - The Universal Signaling Protocol course, who wish to transfer the theoretical knowledge imparted into practical application. Particularly those students who will be dealing with VoIP PBXs or end devices in their companies or as providers will profit from this 2-day event.
A profound knowledge of SIP is required to attend the workshop successfully. Attending the SIP course is the optimal preparation and is urgently recommended.