In this course, the participants will acquire the basic know-how required for the handling of the JUNOS software for the configuration and operation of devices running with this operating system. A core issue consists in the options provided at the user interface, focusing clearly on the Command Line Interface (CLI). The participants will learn how to commission a device with the JUNOS software, to configure the interfaces, and to make the system settings, such as the creation of users, logging, or NTP. Moreover, the basics of operation and maintenance will be dealt with. By means of hands-on exercises, the participants will become familiar with the configuration and monitoring of devices with JUNOS. The course is based on the software version 10.3R1.9. It is the first course of the JNCIA Junos Curriculum and prepares the student for the exam JN0-101 in combination with the JRE - JUNOS Routing Essentials course.
We offer this course in cooperation with our partner Westcon Security. Westcon Security is a Juniper Networks Authorized Education Center.
• Basics of the JUNOS Software and Overview of the Supported Platforms
• User Interfaces: The JUNOS Software CLI and the J-Web GUI
• Basic Configuration and Commissioning
• Ex-Factory Default Settings
• Configuration of Interfaces
• Secondary System Configuration
• User Configuration and Authentication
• System Logs and Tracing
• Network Time Protocol and SMTP
• Archiving of Configuration Data
• Operational Monitoring and Maintenance
• Monitoring of the Platform and of the Interfaces
• Network Utilities
• Maintenance of the JUNOS Software
• Password Recovery
Each participant will receive the original Juniper Networks course documentation in English language.
This basic course is designed for everyone who intends to configure and operate devices with the JUNOS Software.
A profound networking knowledge as well as a good understanding of the protocols of the TCP/IP world is mandatory. The TCP/IP - Protocols, Addressing, Routing or Ethernet, Routing & Switching - Technology Fundamentals course prepare the student for the course at hand.
After visiting the basic course at hand, students can then participate in the JRE - JUNOS Routing Essentials advanced course. The JSEC - JUNOS for Security Platforms course subsequently enables students to learn the handling of firewalls of the SRX series.