Addressing, Routing, and IPv4 Interworking
• Aims of IPv6
• Application Fields of IPv6
• IPv6 Addressing and Address Types
• Modifications in the Header Format
• Auto-configuration with SLAAC and DHCPv6
• Routing of IPv6 with RIP, OSPF, IS-IS, BGP-4, and MPLS
• Migration Strategies from IPv4 to IPv6
• Tunneling of IPv6 over IPv4
• Interworking of IPv6 with IPv4 (NAT64)
• ISP Networks and IPv6
• Enterprise Networks and IPv6
• IPv6 and Mobile Communications
• Operating Systems and IPv6
During the course, the practical implementation of IPv6 will be performed in a test network.
In this course of the ExperTeach Networking series, each student will receive the comprehensive ExperTeach course documentation.
This course addresses network specialists wishing to study the potential of IPv6 and the corresponding application scenarios. This course is also recommended for administrators who already have to struggle with the limitations of IPv4, as well as persons responsible for networks who want to prepare themselves for the future planning of IPv6 networks.
A detailed know-how of IPv4 is necessary for a successful participation in the course. A good preparation for the course at hand is the attendance at the course TCP/IP.
Online Seminare Dates
In order to participate in an online seminar, you require a PC with an Internet access (minimum data rate: 1 Mbps). For audio via VoIP application, we recommend to use a USB headset. Optionally, you can use a camera.