Brocade SAN Troubleshooting
This course is designed for partners and end-user level two and level three support personnel who provide Brocade technical support. Anyone with Brocade product experience that needs troubleshooting and technical support experience on Brocade products will also benefit.
• CFA 200 - Introduction to Fibre Channel Administration and Theory and CFP 300 - Advanced Fibre Channel Administration and Theory
• BCFP BootCamp - The Power Program
Upon successful completion of this course and associated lab exercises, the student should be able to:
• Identify SAN problems using recommended troubleshooting processes, common troubleshooting commands and relevant resources.
• Analyze data captured using Brocade B-Series and M-Series data collection methodologies.
• Use Fibre Channel concepts and the Brocade portlogdumpoutput to analyze end-device port initialization, login, registration, and query processes.
• Capture and analyze Brocade 8 Gbit/sec Host Bus Adapter statistics, logs and portlogdumpdata.
• Identify and fix problems related to end device connectivity.
• Add or replace a switch in an existing fabric and resolve switch-to-switch communication issues.
• Analyze common performance problems.